About Dorothy Jane Mills
Also published under the name Dorothy Z. Seymour
(Baseball name Dorothy Seymour Mills)
Author, Editor, Consultant, Speaker
Order Autographed Books Online
You can now order autographed copies of my books, including the new edition of the Oxford University Press three-volume baseball series, through my website. Click here to order.
Drawing Card Now Available
My newest book for McFarland Publishing Company is a historical novel about a woman ballplayer titled Drawing Card: A Baseball Novel. Autographed copies are now available for order.
Read a preview of the book from the Ft. Myers (Fla.) News-Press and reviews from Florida Weekly, SABR members, the journal Arete and on Amazon.com. I wrote a blog post about the book for 9 Ways, the website of Gloria Feldt.
• The first of my four guest articles for The National Pastime Museum is "Those Nimble American Girls." The second is "Women and Men Together," and the third is "Why Can't Women Play For Pay?" and the fourth is "Women Can Be Baseball Stars, Too." I also wrote "My Favorite Player: Justine Siegal."
• Read "It's our national game, too," my article published online by The Hardball Times in June 2012.
• The National Baseball Hall of Fame has recognized me as a premier baseball researcher.
• My first eBook - released January 2012
"First in the Field: My Journey as the First Woman Baseball Historian" (Thinker Media) is an 8,000-word eBook available for the Kindle, Nook or iPad. Learn more here.
• Baseball Series with Harold Seymour
• My latest baseball history: Chasing Baseball: Our Obsession with Its History, Numbers, People and Places
• Autobiography: A Woman’s Work: Writing Baseball History with Harold Seymour
• Some articles related to Sports History:
“A Woman’s Work: Doing Research with Harold Seymour”
“Our Mothers’ Game: Women in Baseball”
Other sports articles available elsewhere
All three books in the Katya Becker Trilogy are now available as eBooks from Thinker Media. They were released with newly designed covers.
Meatless Meat is now available as an eBook from Thinker Media.